WHY BUY HILTON HEAD ISLAND REAL ESTATE NOW?
THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A BUYER!
The imbalance of power that favored home sellers over buyers during housing’s 10-year boom has finally shifted. We don’t often have a buyer’s market like we have now. Every decade it happens for a year if we’re lucky. Then it’s a seller’s market for another nine years.
As painful as this cooling may be for sellers, it has opened the door for some buyers who’d been priced out of hot markets.
As a buyer, you now have plenty of choice, as well as the upper hand in negotiations. You also still have the benefit of low interest rates. If you’re tempted to upgrade yet worry that your home isn’t worth what it was six months ago, keep in mind that the home you want to buy is worth less too.
FACTORS FAVORING HILTON HEAD ISLAND AND THE LOWCOUNTRY REAL ESTATE MARKET
• The Sunbelt is growing. South Carolina’s population is predicted to grow 25% - 30% by 2030.
• Hilton Head Island and Bluffton, SC are drive markets and won’t be affected by fluctuations in air travel.
• Interest rates at a 40-year low.
• A lack of available land will drive prices up on existing properties on Hilton Head Island.
• Real estate on Hilton Head Island is still much less expensive than other similar coastal resorts.
• Land planning and design covenants put in place by the Town control growth and aesthetics.
• Hilton Head Island is a world-class destination with hospitals, good schools, arts & culture centers and other amenities.
• Hilton Head Island was recently named #6 on MSNBC’s website for Top-10 Family Friendly Beaches.